We need help.... I mean we ARE idiots.... Riiiiiight?
So we need ideas... lots of amazing ideas on what we should write. But naturally you brilliant minds are not going to just TELL us what to write. So whats in it for you?
The Grand Prize winner gets to write a guest post on our blog about their winning topic AND they get a $5 Starbucks Giftcard. And hey... you can use it to take your fiancee out when all of this works for you!
To win.... you have to post your idea below and your email address before August 31st.... simple, right?
Get ready.... set.... go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Creative ways to ask your Lady Friend to Court you....
- Send her a bouquet of flowers with a note asking her
- Give her a cookie baking sheet with a note that says, "I may be a half-baked cookie.... but I'm in love with you"
- Get her a cup of coffee from Starbucks and write on it, "Don't throw me out with the coffee grounds..... give me a chance.... PPPPPPPLEASE!!!!"
- Give her a shovel with a note that says, "I totally dig you"
- Ask her if she's studied Proverbs 18:22 lately
- Give her a can of corn and tell her that it may be a corny way to ask her to court you... but you really are interested in her
- Start out by bringing up the scores from the wrestling match on channel 6. It’ll help him know that you have a grasp on what’s truly important.
- Duuhh... Break out your pack of cards and do a magic trick for him! Isn’t that what people always do to ‘break the ice’?
- Be blunt about it. Arm yourself with an ice pick, and go to him and solemnly inform him that you have come to break the ice before you ask for his daughter’s hand in marriage.
- Take careful notes on what his family does to get the best responses. Who knows? Maybe it’s just that one “How was your day, Honey?” that’ll launch you off into that all-important conversation.
- Invite him over for lunch... Make the menu “Sauerkraut-cream cheese sandwiches to be eaten over the sink.” or something like that.. (beer isn’t suggested)
- Show off your intelligence and wit by making up your own versions of Reagan and other quotes... Like, “The most terrifying words in the English language are: I am a father and you need to speak with me before you have a chance at having my daughter.” “There is nothing to fear when you’ll just say ‘yes.’” “Don’t hurry - but be snappy.”
- Flood him with memories. Go out on a drive with him and sing Barney songs the whole way. Don’t forget to try to get him to sing along. (note: you may want to alter or bypass the “I love you” song, or your chances may just be shot.) You could even sing the Elmo song and substitute your own name for ‘Elmo’.
- Have breakfast with him, and have him make the toast. Then, compliment him on his toasting skills and express how you would love to have him deliver the toast at your wedding.
- Suggest that you guys melt the ice rather than break it because you have a tender heart and don’t like to crush things. Don’t forget the blow dryer.
- Ask him if his daughter is looking to upgrade her last name any time soon
- Explain how the Lord has really been convicting you about certain verses like “a man should leave father and mother and cleave unto his wife”. And clearly state that you need to start applying these verses to your life.